March Favourites

A bit of a hiatus with the writing as I’ve been very busy with The Guest List, or TGL for short, something I mentioned before albeit rather vaguely here. It’s something I’ve been working on since the beginning of the year, and of which I shall have much more information on soon since this post isn’t primarily about it and I can’t afford to digress too much on such a tight schedule. In the meantime, you can follow TGL’s Instagram or like the Facebook page, either/both of which shall mean the world to me!

Getting back on track, I’ve decided to do a monthly favourites series as I thought it’d be an interesting addition to the mix. To add to that it does give me a bit more of a structure to work with as well. So without further ado, here are my favourites for my favourite month of the year (a.k.a. my birthday month):

#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso

I’ve been looking high and low for this book ever since it came out but it was sold out wherever I went, much to my dismay. I finally found it hidden between the shelves of Kinokuniya one fine afternoon, and grabbed the last standing copy of it as fast as I could so there would finally be an end to this daunting book chase.

I love Nasty Gal and hold mad respect for Sophia, the founder, so of course I had to get this. I’ve just started reading it and it’s been an easy read so far, with good insight into how she started and got to where she is today. Perhaps I’ll do a review on it once I’m done with it.

(Personal) business cards

So I finally got these printed! I find my business cards to be a constant work in progress as I’m always finding new ways to improve the next design I want to send to the printer’s. This isn’t the ultimate design that I’d love to stick with forever, but it’s a nice look for spring and the start of a fresh year.

iPhone 6

Inarguably my most favourite item for the entire month of March – or possibly the entire year. I finally, finally got my hands on this baby right here. I was looking everywhere for the gold, 64GB variation and finally found it in a small shop on the outskirts of town. I had to go out of my way to get it, but needless to say I’m incredibly satisfied with it. Definitely no regrets getting this. This bad boy is phenomenal.

Orchid wreath

If you have me on Instagram or Facebook, you should know I had quite a birthday this year, which was actually a bit of a surprise! My loves went all out with the white + floral theme I gave them, and surprised me with a bunch of handmade origami flowers enough to curate my own flower garden. While I found those quite hard to photograph (I need more white space), those along with this orchid wreath my beautiful friend Jade made for me are in every way part of this month’s favourites.

I’ll do a birthday post once things settle a little.

MAC x Bao Bao Wan beauty powder in Summer Opal and lipstick in Romantic Breakdown

I’ve been poaching this launch since I first heard about it online, and reserved the two items I wanted most a day before the collection was released in Malaysia. Limited edition. Rose gold. Stunning colours. I needn’t go any further.

As with most of my preferences for make-up, I tend to prefer a natural, radiant glow which enhances the features, so I naturally (pun intended) gravitated towards the nudes, champagnes, and peaches. Summer Opal has a nice sheen to it and Romantic Breakdownis in a lustre finish.

MAC lipstick in Sandy B

This is hands down, my absolute favourite lipstick in all of MAC by far. It’s a peachy gold colour similar to the NARS Orgasm shade and it’s STUNNING. It was one of the very first MAC lipsticks I bought and after one unfortunate night in Zouk, it went missing. After months of pining for it again and being too hopeful to bother buying a replacement, I received it as a birthday gift from a darling friend after she found out I had lost my initial bullet. Sandy B is in a frost finish and is quite versatile with most lip tones.

H&M black floppy hat

I now own two black floppy hats from H&M, one straw and the other wool. Photographed is the wool one since it’s easier to do so. Absolutely can’t wait to wear them more on holidays – the straw one at beaches and the wool ones in colder climates.

Ginger Fizz Mad with Desire peplum pencil skirt

I’ve been liking Ginger Fizz and their vibrant prints for quite some time now, so when ASOS had this big sale I couldn’t resist and had to swipe this up at such a bargain. The print is gorgeous (you know me and my orchids) and it’s lovely on. I love how unique it is especially with the slight ruffle at the hem.

You might still be able to purchase it here.

And that wraps up my March favourites! I already have quite a few accumulated for the April one so until then, it’s back to tackling the other posts I’ve yet to write.

xx

Share:

46 Comments

1. November 25, 2016 / 4:59 AM

The group said it is particularly important for guys who have had a heart attack,
    stoke or other heart-related event in the previous six months
    to avoid testosterone treatment.

2. November 25, 2016 / 5:05 AM

The moon is the obvious dimension it’s as a result of it has been X years since it’s formation.

3. November 25, 2016 / 5:11 AM

The cause behind choosing canon digital camera lenses could be very easy.
    If you are seeking to get that unmatched picture quality
    even from an extended distance and angular seize functionality, then you definately a lot go for these digicam lenses as canon guarantees to carry out
    you the most amazing digicam lenses ever.

4. November 25, 2016 / 5:21 AM

Owners of an FS-3800N right now remain a dependable companion in many work operations.

5. November 25, 2016 / 5:32 AM

When it is time to change the toner, the cartridge comes with a new drum, so print high
    quality stays glorious. It is appropriate with Windows ninety eight
    by way of Vista, Windows Server 2003, and the MAC OS.

6. November 25, 2016 / 5:34 AM

There are UV inks for all conventional printing applied
    sciences and likewise for the ink jet applied sciences.

7. November 25, 2016 / 5:36 AM

You will need to seek the advice of the consumer guide
    to determine the controls and to decipher the dizzying array of flashing and
    stable mild combinations on the LEDs.

8. November 25, 2016 / 5:39 AM

Kini kembali ke Anda sebagai konsumen untuk memilih printer inkjet
    multifungsi yang sesuai dengan kebutuhan Anda dan dana/funds yang Anda miliki.

9. November 25, 2016 / 5:44 AM

While not ample for photo printing or different presentation sort print initiatives,
    printer ribbons such because the Okidata 52102001 and the Panasonic
    KX-one hundred ten remain useful. Printer ribbons
    are additionally used in badge programs for printing
    identification or ID badges.

10. November 25, 2016 / 5:53 AM

Heat is the important thing part of a dye sublimation photo
    printer.

11. November 25, 2016 / 6:14 AM

It might be delivered at the doorstep if the order is more than $50.

12. November 25, 2016 / 6:23 AM

The plant will likely be put in on Yamakura
    Dam reservoir, which is managed by the Public
    Enterprises Agency of Chiba Prefecture.

13. November 25, 2016 / 6:32 AM

Most business comprise a setup program to make the
    method easier though.

14. November 25, 2016 / 7:01 AM

OEM, which stands for Unique Equipment Manufacturer), cartridge is produced by identical manufacturer because the printer, corresponding to HP, Canon, Epson, Lexmark, and Dell; simply to be applied specifically for his or her printers.

15. November 25, 2016 / 7:40 AM

For probably the most part, most black inks are pigmented,
    while most colors are dye-based mostly. However, excessive-finish photograph printers will use only pigment-based mostly inks to make sure lengthy-lasting prints.

16. November 25, 2016 / 7:44 AM

The quality of each toner is quite unmatched by some other brand
    you would come across.

17. November 25, 2016 / 7:58 AM

Just after installation all that’s required to open the app and
    tap on the super consumer possibility on which the android version is stuffed.
    Clicking on root will finalize the process.

18. November 25, 2016 / 8:15 AM

These days, it is extra widespread for folks to interchange their
    printers every time they want new ink cartridges or at any time when the printer needs upkeep or repairs.

19. Printers, Computers, & LANs (PC&L) has been promoting Kyocera
    Ecosys printers from its conception for 20
    years and is persistently rated in the prime 5 printer resellers within the United States.

20. November 25, 2016 / 9:11 AM

The Company’s LaserJet and Enterprise Solutions delivers LaserJet and enterprise products, providers and options
    to the SMB and enterprise segments, together with LaserJet printers
    and provides (toner), Officejet Pro X inkjet enterprise products and provides, multi-perform units, scanners, Web-related hardware,
    managed companies, and enterprise software solutions,
    resembling Web Jetadmin.

21. November 25, 2016 / 11:39 AM

Excellent quality for color print with decision of 600 x 600 dpi.

22. November 25, 2016 / 12:19 PM

Strategic use of colour boosts the affect and effectiveness of your printed paperwork as a result of folks pay extra attention to colour.
    Studies show that eye-catching color increases comprehension by
    as a lot as seventy three%. Training and information delivery is enhanced.

23. November 25, 2016 / 12:34 PM

We’ve come to expect simple setup and operation from Envy
    printers, and this one is no exception.

24. November 25, 2016 / 3:15 PM

But, that’s unimaginable. We are each bit
    as a lot part of nature as some other animal on the earth, but
    I actually have but to read any writing by a so-known as environmentalist /nature lover – who
    understands that they too are part of nature.

25. November 25, 2016 / 3:48 PM

Certified for IP57 levels of toughness, the Hydro View is protected towards mud
    and water entering into the seals to the extent that it can be dunked in as
    much as 1m of water (a little bit over three toes) for as much
    as 30 minutes. So theoretically you’ll be able to take it in the bathtub, or
    go paddling or browsing with it within the sea or snorkelling within the pool.

26. November 25, 2016 / 5:04 PM

Laser printers are pretty durable and are simple to take care of; whereas it’s impossible
    to repair ink jet printers as soon as they break.

27. November 25, 2016 / 6:27 PM

Here are the original charts of comparisons from the
    American Consumer Institute research. While you’ll be able to now not go to the location and
    compare costs with your own numbers across quite a few printers at a
    time, the results are still useful in that they present various printer costs and ink costs
    together.

28. November 25, 2016 / 7:07 PM

There are other ways to transfer photographs, although this technique can be a little more expensive as
    a result of it requires using a transfer gel medium, corresponding to Liquitex.

29. November 26, 2016 / 1:04 AM

Every time I reopen Chrome and go to Netflix after including
    theold it just creates a brand new file and still
    won’t work.

30. November 26, 2016 / 1:50 AM

thanks for the knowledge. That was very good. Hope to have an article about flowers to.
    You can get an concept about this on I am very interested about that.

31. November 26, 2016 / 4:26 AM

The bag merely shrinks till the cartridge is empty.

32. December 1, 2016 / 9:51 PM

Definitely imagine that which you said. Your favourite reason seemed to be on the internet the simplest thing to be mindful of. I say to you, I certainly get irked whilst other folks consider concerns that they plainly do not recognise about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest as well as outlined out the whole thing without having side effect , other folks can take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thank you|

33. December 6, 2016 / 1:26 AM

Hi there, after reading this remarkable article i am also cheerful to share my knowledge here with colleagues.|

34. December 7, 2016 / 5:11 AM

When I initially left a comment I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments
    are added- checkbox and from now on each time a comment is added I get 4 emails with the same comment.
    Is there an easy method you are able to remove me from
    that service? Many thanks!

35. December 8, 2016 / 4:26 AM

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my weblog so i came to “return the favor”.I am attempting to
    find things to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use a few
    of your ideas!!

36. December 9, 2016 / 2:13 PM

“Interesting post made here. One thing I would like to say is the fact most professional fields consider the Bachelor Degree as the entry level standard for an online course. While Associate Qualifications are a great way to begin with, completing your Bachelors opens many entrance doors to various employment goodies, there are numerous online Bachelor Diploma Programs available through institutions like The University of Phoenix, Intercontinental University Online and Kaplan. Another concern is that many brick and mortar institutions make available Online types of their certifications but typically for a substantially higher cost than the companies that specialize in online college diploma programs.”

37. December 11, 2016 / 1:41 PM

Hey! This post could not be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my old room
    mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this article to him.
    Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

38. December 13, 2016 / 12:21 PM

Thanks for finally talking about >March Favourites – VIELEONG <Liked it!

39. December 13, 2016 / 2:32 PM

Outstanding quest there. What happened after? Thanks!

40. December 13, 2016 / 8:13 PM

With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright violation? My blog has a lot of completely unique content
    I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot
    of it is popping it up all over the internet without my agreement.

Do you know any methods to help stop content from being stolen? I’d really
    appreciate it.